Finding the right engagement announcement verses is the key to announcing your great news in style. A lot of announcements just repeat the same old boring lines again and again. Pretty soon, the only thing that changes is the names! I’ll have none of that!
These verses can be silly, serious, witty
or thought-provoking. No matter what you decide, make it your own!
Here are a few engagement announcement verses that I’ve come up with! Feel free to steal them (being sure to substitute in your own names, of course!)
- She said yes! Brad Smith is happy to announce his engagement to Sarah Sam. Wedding date to follow.
- At long last! Jack Macken is making an honest woman outta Kim Clark! Congratulations on your engagement from all your friends and family.
- Love is friendship on fire…and these two are starting a blaze! Congratulations to Kevin McDonald and Leanne Smith on their engagement. Wedding to follow in the summer of 2012.
- She didn’t say no! Let’s get this show on the road before she changes her mind! Mike Hill is thrilled to announce his engagement to Laura Watson. Wedding as soon as possible!
- It’s a shotgun wedding! Miranda Wayne and Jack Smith are expecting a baby…and a wedding. It’s a race to the date…and it’s going to be one crazy year!
- Boy meets girl. Girl hates boy. We had a rough start, but now we’re engaged! Claire Smith and Tom Holmes are thrilled to announce our engagement. Wedding to follow next year.
- We committed the perfect crime! I stole his heart and he stole mine! Kerry Smith and Landon Ryan are happy to be convicts in love forever by announcing their engagement. Wedding to follow in June 2012.
- Tim Barker and Tammy Friesen are tying the knot! Don’t expect a fuss…we are looking to elope. Who knows? We could be in Vegas right now!